Monday, September 22, 2008

Avalyn Corine DeKeyser Has Arrived!!!!



















Avalyn was born Thursday, September 18th, at 2:45pm. She weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces and was 19 inches long. We brought her home on Saturday, September 20th. She weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces on Saturday.

Overall the birth was easier than I anticipated. We arrived at Bromenn Hospital Wednesday night at midnight to check in. At 1am they gave me 1/4 dosage of Cervidil. They were planning on giving me the remaining dosages every 4 hours but my body reacted to the 1/4 dose and I didn't need the remaining dosages. Around 7am the doctor came in and broke my water. Right after that they started the pitocin. My contractions really started getting strong around 9am. Around 10am I got my first epidural. Unfortunately the epidural only deadened my legs and feet so I could still feel my contractions in my uterus. I received my second epidural was at 11am. This time it worked and I could no longer feel my contractions. Around 11:45 I fell asleep for a little while. At 12pm they checked my cervix and I was dilated to 5cm. At 2pm I was dilated to 9cm and I started pushing around 2:15pm. I only had to push for about 20 to 30 minutes and at 2:45pm Avalyn Corine Dekeyser arrived.

No comments: